Below are the missions that Divine Redeemer supports through out the year.
• South Wisconsin District of the LCMS – Supports the general work of our District, including a variety of local and world-wide missions.
• FIKISHA – This year, we plan to offer enough funding to support up to five street children in Nairobi, Kenya in order to provide housing, food, clothing, and an education for one full year. For more information on FIKISHA (which means “to enable to reach”), check out http://fikisha.org.
• Operation Christmas Child – A vital and ongoing mission and ministry led by Terri and Dennis Williams. (Thank you Terri and Dennis!) For more information on Operation Christmas Child, feel free to go their website at http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child.
• Adopt-A-Student – We are supporting Paul Radkte through the St. Louis Seminary. For more information, check out http://www.csl.edu/friends/adopt-a-student.
• This year there is also money being set aside for a Mission Trip. Logistics and actual plans have not been determined yet.
• We also continue to support the SOS Center in Milwaukee. Our congregation has a rich history of supporting this ministry, and we continue to do so by encouraging members to put together school supply bags for children as they get ready for the new school year. Using our angel trees, members can select an angel, pack a school bag, and support a child in our neighboring community of Milwaukee.