Christian Athletic Scholarship Foundation
For the past thirty two years, Divine Redeemer’s Christian Scholarship Foundation has been proud to award college scholarships to high school seniors that will graduate from a Waukesha County high school. We are pleased to announce that we will award five scholarships this year.
- A $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to one deserving Christian male athlete and one to a deserving Christian female athlete.
- The $5,000 Garrett Becker Scholarship will be given to an applicant who has overcome a significant obstacle in their life or if the applicant intends to work in the health care field.
- The Jean Pordon Memorial Scholarship for $10,000 will be awarded to the candidate who will enter the music or education field.
- The $11,000 Douglas Baker Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a student for their Christian leadership. The scholarships are to be used to pursue higher education.
The Scholarship Banquet will be held on Sunday, April 30, 2023 beginning at 5:30PM, at The Ingleside Hotel, 2810 Golf Rd. in Pewaukee. You will be sent information on the Banquet after we receive your application. In order to be eligible for any of these scholarships, the applicant MUST be in attendance at the banquet.
The 2023 award winners were:
- Garrett Becker: Lauren Cleary
- Female Athlete: Addy Riemer
- Male Athlete: Henry Witte
- Jean Pordon: Nathan Brazgel
- Douglas Baker: Samuel Noel
A cumulative 3.5 high school grade point average through January 1, 2023 (An official transcript must be included with the application)
Lettered in one or more Varsity sport(s)
Participation in school activities
Active in church, above and beyond weekly church attendance. Students must be members of a Christian congregation.
You have our permission to make additional copies of these forms if needed. Application and Requirement forms are also available online at www.drlc.org.
If you have any questions or need further information, please call the church office at Divine Redeemer Lutheran Church during business hours between 8 AM-4 PM: 262-367-8400 or email Michael Oldenburg at email@example.com.
Please see the link to the upper right of this page for a complete list of the Christian Athletic Scholarship Requirements, Application and Checklist.
Scholarship Application Deadline
All of the required materials/documents are due on March 31, 2023 by 4:00PM.
If you are sending the materials/documents by mail, they must arrive to Divine Redeemer NO LATER than 4:00PM on March 31, 2023. If you have any doubt that the materials will not arrive in time, please deliver them personally.