Worship Service Information
31385 W. Hill Road, Hartland, WI 53029
Concerning Eulogies at Divine Redeemer
Worship services at Divine Redeemer are entirely focused on Christ’s work. Each reading, hymn, and prayer is pointed toward the Jesus who worked to save this world as a whole and the decedent individually. He worked to ensure that baptism is a Gospel comfort. He worked to deliver forgiveness of sins daily to the person struggling through life. As such His work is solely highlighted during a worship service. “Eulogy” literally means “good words” – particularly about the person who has passed away. When a family or visitor worships at Divine Redeemer there can be no confusion where our focus should be: on Jesus, the Author of the faith which delivers believers from the power of death; as such, no eulogies occur during worship services at Divine Redeemer.
However, eulogies are a great opportunity as the family grieves together in their home. Additionally, the eulogy has a far more impactful use as the family meets together for meals before or after the services. Using a eulogy in this way allows the family to process the grief in an unhurried and natural way. But take heart, even though we grieve, we grieve with the hope of the resurrection firmly promised as St. Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14: But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
Scheduling the Funeral
- Funerals will be added to the church calendar upon consultation with one of the pastors.
- Families of Divine Redeemer have the freedom to choose the pastor they wish to conduct their funeral. If there is not a specific request, the assignment will be made by the Senior Pastor in consultation with the pastoral staff.
- Clergy of other Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod churches may participate in funerals at Divine Redeemer with the approval of the pastor(s).
- Non-member funerals will not be performed at Divine Redeemer unless approved by the Committee of Lay Eldership.
- As a general rule, our church facilities will not be available for funerals not conducted by our pastors.
- All music for any funeral service is to be approved by the Director of Music. Music which is consistent with Christian teachings may be used. If the music requested for the service does not meet the church’s standards, alternative selections are to be made.
- The Director of Music from Divine Redeemer Lutheran Church, Heidi Graf, shall be the organist for all funerals unless she is unavailable or if there is a significant reason why any other organist should play. Approval by Heidi Graf is necessary before a guest musician may be used
- It is the responsibility of the family to contact our Director of Music, Heidi Graf, at church at 262-367-8400, ext. 101 or on her cell at 414-380-1886 to establish a meeting time with her to discuss music for the service.
1. Alcohol: The use of alcohol on church property by the funeral party prior to the service or following the service is prohibited. The same is true for
family members or guests.
2. Smoking is prohibited in the facility.
3. Bulletins: Gail Arnold, the Administrative Assistant, will assist with the typing of bulletin, layout, printing, folding and assembling if requested.
1. The funeral coordinator opens the building two to three hours before the funeral at an agreed upon time.
2. The funeral coordinator acts as a liaison to the funeral directors, florists and family members.
3. The funeral coordinator lights candles, operates the sound system, cleans up the sanctuary, entrances, restrooms and attends to facility needs.
4. The funeral coordinator is on site 4-6 hours and is responsible to lock up the church after everyone has left. Please honor her time.
Fees and Charges (All fees due no later than the day of the funeral)
$175.00 (Base Fee)
$50.00 (Rehearsals with soloists and/or other musicians.)
Soloist & Instrumentalist
(By arrangement with Heidi Graf)
Fees vary depending on number of song
$150.00 (if funeral home is used)
$200.00 (If funeral home is not used)
Food catered from Piggly Wiggly
Fellowship Hall holds about 80 people
$10.00 per person
(Bulletins, typing, layout, printing, folding & collating)
$25.00 (for 100)
$35.00 (for 150)
$50.00 (for 200)